Birdemic 2: The Resurrection
Birdemic 2: The Resurrection is a 2013 sequel to the 2010 movie Birdemic: Shock and Terror. The film was directed and written by James Nguyen. The film received extremely negative reviews and currently has a 1.6 on IMDb.
Bill (Thomas Favaloro), an independent film director, discovers waitress Gloria (Chelsea Turnbo) in a Hollywood eatery and casts her in the lead role of Kim in his new film, Sunset Dreams, which is financed by his friend Rod (Alan Bagh), a Silicon Valley entrepreneur, and Rod's wife, Nathalie (Whitney Moore). Shortly into production of the film, a toxic rain falls on Hollywood which causes preserved killer birds and cavemen to emerge from the La Brea Tar Pits and zombies to come to life in a nearby cemetery. Bill, Gloria, Rod, and Nathalie make their way around Hollywood with a dwindling band of survivors, fighting off the various threats before the birds eventually cease attacking and fly away.
Why It Sucks
- Very bad acting as it starts with the "Hi!' from the last movie.
- Most of the characters forget their lines halfway through. For example, when the doctor from the first movie talks about ancient birds he says that they "Attacked Cavemen".
- Continuity errors, like when the boy from the first film said that the girl from the first film died from the fish that the main character cooked, despite the fact that we clearly saw her refuse to eat it.
- Unlike the first film, where it ended with everyone being happy, this one just ends with the birds killing one of the guys and leaving, even though the others are still alive.
- Some scenes drag on forever, like the main male characters sitting in his chair for a really long time or when it stays on the other main character for far too long in the van.
- Like the first movie, the CGI birds are horrendous.
- Too simplistic and poor sound. The gun effects are made with only one sound and the sound mixing is also bad.
- The in-your-face and preachy-as-god message from the last movie is made even worse.
- Like the first movie, the birds barely even appear in the movie. The first half of the movie consists of boring segments such as Bill walking around in Hollywood Blvd. at the film's opening intro.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The poster design of this movie is an improvement over the first film's poster design due to the fact that the first film's poster design looked very cheap, and it looked like it was made in Microsoft Paint.