Asian School Girls
Asian School Girls is a rape-revenge film, made by The Asylum and Broken Films. It was released in 2014 and stars Sam Aotaki, Minnie Scarlet and Catherine Hyein Kim.
Four Asian school girls are drugged and raped by a Los Angeles crime syndicate. When one of them commits suicide, the other three plot their scheme against the syndicate to avenge her death. They take jobs as strippers in order to acquire $5,000 worth of weapons and get closer to their targets before they then go on a bloody killing spree.
Why It Sucks
- The script is riddled with nonsense:
- The girls going to the party have fake IDs, meet strangers and get drugged and raped.
- After killing their first two men, they begin arguing amongst themselves for killing the men who raped them.
- While May is being tortured in the other room, Hannah and Vivian are wondering what to do in their cage. The two randomly begin snuggling up, making out and undressing each other.
- Gratuitous nudity.
- When May is tortured, we get the typical "women screaming and crying for help" action movie scene from her.
- The movie tries to take itself too seriously. For example, one girl finds her murdered sister in the trunk of the group's car and we get to see their bone-chilling reactions!
- The movie can't even tell if the women are either cool or wimps.
- Hannah's muffled crying in agony in the rape scene sounds like an autotuned tiger growl, and the same SFX is repeated throughout the scene.
- "Wangdoodles!" is said in one serious scene.
- Suzy has little-to-no importance to the plot or girl group as she kills herself after the rape, despite being featured on the movie's poster.
- Awesome music, especially during the strip club scenes.
- The rapists at least have some conflict of their own going on, as they seem to be having trust issues during the rape scene.
- Unlike most of their films, this isn't ripping any other franchises off.
The film was criticized for its overt sexuality and stupidity by text review outlets. Explosions and Stuff had extremely negative thoughts about the movie, and classified it as the worst movie he had ever seen.