Arthur's Missing Pal
Arthur's Missing Pal is a computer-animated film based on the traditionally-animated series Arthur and the Arthur books by Marc Brown. It first aired on PBS KIDS GO! on August 18, 2006, and was later released to DVD on August 22, 2006.
Pal goes missing after Arthur leaves for his friends' water balloon fight because Arthur has forgotten to feed Pal. However, he and Buster are certain that D.W. did it, but D.W. denies any involvement. Arthur and his friends mount a search throughout Elwood City for the missing dog.
Why It Sucks
- Putrid CGI animation, even for 2006 standards. Also, it is a complete downgrade compared to the show's animation.
- The character models are very bad, poorly transitioning from 2D flat designs to mixed CGI ones.
- False advertising: The film technically isn't Arthur's first tap into film, as Arthur's Perfect Christmas was released before this movie came out.
- Arthur screaming "PAAAAAAL!" after he runs away is very annoying.
- It's a rip-off of the BTSW episode "Have You Seen This Snail?", in which Gary runs away after SpongeBob forgets to feed him.
- Most of the cast in this movie used pseudonyms instead of their real names.
- On that topic, only Daniel Brochu (Buster) and Bruce Dinsmore (David Read and Binky) reprise their roles from the TV series.
- Arthur is still a likable character.
- The voice acting is alright, with Daniel Brochu and Bruce Dinsmore reprising their roles from the TV series.
- The ending isn't too bad.
- It probably would have been better if it was not CGI.