Arthur's Missing Pal
Arthur's Missing Pal is a computer-animated film based on the traditionally-animated series Arthur and the Arthur books by Marc Brown. It first aired on PBS KIDS GO! on August 18, 2006, and was later released to DVD on August 22, 2006.
Pal goes missing after Arthur leaves for his friends' water balloon fight because Arthur has forgotten to feed Pal. However, he and Buster are certain that D.W. did it, but D.W. denies any involvement. Arthur and his friends mount a search throughout Elwood City for the missing dog.
Why It Sucks
- Putrid CGI animation that is way below the standards of the TV series and is also bad for 2006 standards. Even the flash animation in Seasons 16-19 looks way better than this.
- Also, the character designs are pretty bad as they horribly transition from 2D flat designs to even worse CGI ones.
- False advertising: Some posters say "Arthur Stars in His First Movie!". However, this isn’t Arthur's first feature-length film, as Arthur's Perfect Christmas was released 6 years before this.
- Arthur screaming "PAAAAAAL!" after he runs away is very annoying.
- Unoriginal and poorly executed story that basically rips off the SpongeBob SquarePants episode Have You Seen This Snail?, in which Gary runs away after SpongeBob forgets to feed him.
- There is no good comedy in this film, which is unacceptable because Arthur is meant to be a comedic franchise.
- Arthur is very mean-spirited to Pal at the beginning of the movie.
- Most of the cast in this movie used pseudonyms instead of their real names.
- On that topic, only Daniel Brochu (Buster) and Bruce Dinsmore (David Read and Binky) reprise their roles from the TV series.
- Arthur is still a likable character, despite being very mean-spirited to Pal earlier on.
- The voice acting is mostly okay (Even if most of the cast didn't reprise their roles), as mentioned above, Daniel Brochu and Bruce Dinsmore reprising their roles from the TV series.
- The ending isn't too bad.