3 Dev Adam
3 Dev Adam (3 Giant Men or 3 Mighty Men in English) is a 1973 Turkish superhero film. In the film, Captain America and Mexican pro wrestling legend El Santo are sent to Istanbul to stop Spider-Man and his criminal gang.
The story takes place in Istanbul, where a violent criminal organization led by Spider-Man (Who is nothing like the source material he "spawned" from), has surfaced in the city and is producing counterfeit United States dollars. They also decapitate a woman with a boat propeller. A small task-force consisting of Captain America, El Santo and Captain America's girlfriend, Julia, arrives to help local police stop Spider-Man and his gang.
Julia, who has infiltrated Spider-Man's hideout, is captured and taken to a house in a remote location. She manages to send an SOS signal to Captain America, who saves Julia and chases after Spider-Man, but he manages to escape.
Meanwhile, El Santo infiltrates a dojo that is being used as a front for counterfeiting. After being captured, he manages to escape along with incriminating evidence.
Captain America and El Santo raid a major hideout where most of the counterfeiting operation is taking place. They manage to shut down the hideout while Spider-Man kills a couple, steals a statue and runs away.
Soon afterwards, another fight between the heroes and Spider-Man begins. It is revealed that there are four Spider-Men as one is beaten to death by Santo and another is strangled by Captain America.
Captain America and El Santo then go undercover in a club. Spider-Man's gang notice them and a fight occurs. The heroes are seemingly overpowered this time and are taken to Spider-Man's hideout. Once there, Captain America and Santo act like they are fighting themselves to confuse their captors, but manage to break out and eliminate most of the gang members. Spider-Man arrives at the end of the fight with his girlfriend, only to have her struck by a wild shot from the gun of one of his henchmen. He flees, with Captain America in hot pursuit.
Captain America catches Spider-Man and defeats him, only to hear the taunting laugh of yet another Spider-Man. The fight continues until all of the Spider-Men are dead.
As the heroes are about to leave Istanbul, Captain America sees the face of Spider-Man in a taxi and furiously runs and removes the mask of the person in the car, only to realize that it was just a child wearing a toy mask.
Why It Sucks
- The film is an obvious rip-off of Marvel films.
- Spider-Man is portrayed as a villain, when he's supposed to be a hero.
- Spider-Man's costume is absolutely awful. He's just a man in a red and green suit.
- Very low production value.
- Gratuitous amounts of violence, with special mention going to a scene where Spider-Man has a pair of hamsters devour a man's face.
- El Santo never took his mask off in public, but in this film, he only briefly wears it.
- Hard-to-follow fight scenes.
- The soundtrack consists of songs stolen from other films.
- At least there's subtitles for you to understand what's going on.
- The film is good in a "so bad, it's good" kind of way.
The film currently holds a 4.6/10 on IMDb, and has a 50% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- 8 Bootleg Superhero Movies blameitonjorge
Blameitonjorge's "8 Bootleg Superhero Movies" countdown, in which 3 Dev Adam ranked at #1.
- The Cinema Snob 3 DEV ADAM
The Cinema Snob's review.