Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
WARNING! This article is NSFL!
This article may contain content that is disturbing, including themes of rape, murder, abuse, drugging, crime, disaster, tragedy, etc.
365 Days (Polish: 365 Dni) is a 2020 Polish erotic romantic drama film directed by Barbara Białowąs and Tomasz Mandes. It is based on a novel by Blanka Lipińska.
A young woman from Warsaw is kidnapped by a dominant Sicilian mafia leader, who imprisons her and imposes on her a period of 365 days in which to fall in love with him.
Why It Sucks
- It's basically an even-crappier version of Fifty Shades of Grey, a sexual wish-fulfillment fantasy.
- Just like Fifty Shades of Grey, it romanticizes kidnapping, submissiveness, and abuse.
- The characters are all unlikable due to their violent and sex-obsessed attitudes.
- In a lot of scenes, usually where there's some kind of conflict, the camera will suddenly cut to a later time period where it's apparently been resolved, which feels like a lazy excuse not to do any extra filming/writing.
- Parts of the movie are slow and really drag on.
- The movie is loaded with cliches.
- There's not much of a plot beyond sex and abuse.
- Since the actors spoke English as a second language, some of the dialogue comes off as weird.
- Cheesy and cringe-worthy dialogue, like "Are you lost, baby girl?".
- Horribly unfitting soundtrack.
- Some of the scenes are unintentionally cheesy and funny.
- It was at least successful with its target audience.
- The cinematography is at least okay.
The movie received mostly negative reviews, with criticism focusing on its glorification of abuse.
Awards and nominations
365 Days was nominated for six Razzie Awards, including Worst Picture, and won one for Worst Screenplay.
For the infamous plane blowjob scene, author Blanka Lipińska said that she offered to perform the scene herself as the flight attendant because of the scene's controversey. The production company declined and hired an actress instead.