User:Nidoking/sandbox/The Little Rascals
The Little Rascals is a 1994 American family comedy film produced by Amblin Entertainment, and released by Universal Pictures on August 5, 1994. The movie is based off the Little Rascals short films (Also known as Our Gang in other areas) and the movie was made 32 years after them.
Why This Movie Is A Bad Rascal
- Spanky is extremely unlikable, as he made the sexist "He-Man Woman Haters Club" and also ruined the relationship with Alfalfa and Darla for most of the film.
- Awful humor, such as the cat litter sandwich scene, a frog stuck inside Spanky's ballerina tights and the scene where Alfalfa tries to sing for Darla but since the gang put bubbles into Alfalfa's water, he ends up burping bubbles disgusting Darla in the process.
- Butch and Woim are nothing more than generic bullies who pick on our main characters.
- Awkward musical numbers, in which Alfalfa's singing is completely awful to hear.
- The racing scene is pretty cool.
- Decent soundtrack.
On Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating of 23% based on reviews from 13 critics as of April 2020. On Metacritic it has a score of 45 out of 100 based on reviews from 20 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Audiences surveyed by CinemaScore gave the film a grade "A−" on scale of A to F.
Brian Lowry of Variety magazine wrote: "Those who grew up watching The Little Rascals may well be intrigued by the idea of introducing their kids to this full-color, bigscreen version. Still, the challenge of stretching those mildly diverting shorts to feature length remains formidable, and one has to wonder whether an audience exists beyond nostalgic parents and their young children."