The Pacifier is a 2005 American family comedy film directed by Adam Shankman, written by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant and stars Vin Diesel. The film was released in March 2005 by Walt Disney Pictures and grossed $198 million worldwide.
Elite Navy SEAL Shane Wolfe (Vin Diesel) can handle just about anything thrown his way, but even the best have their limits. When he fails to keep scientist Howard Plummer (Tate Donovan) safe from assassination, Wolfe has a shot at redemption by being assigned to protect Plummer's five children, including rebellious Zoe (Brittany Snow), Seth (Max Thieriot) and clingy Lulu (Morgan York). More than a handful, these kids -- and their pet duck -- are pushing this seasoned warrior to the edge.
- Poor acting from much of the cast.
- The story is very poorly-written.
- Terrible direction of Adam Shankman.
- It has no sense for the Plummers to have a duck as a pet. Why instead of a dog, they have a duck?
- There are a few funny moments, especially for the ending credits.
- The soundtrack isn't too bad.
- At the end of the day, it is one of those so bad its good movies. So it was meant to be bad.
- The opening sequence is awesome, because it does its best to resemble an action movie.
- The scene where the Fireflies get back at Troop 16 by beating them up and leaving them bound and gagged is pretty funny, especially with the use of the song "I've Got the Power".
- It has heartwarming and emotional moments, like when Shane tells Zoe about his estranged relationship with his father.
The Pacifier received negative reviews from critics and audiences alike, holding a 21% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 131 reviews, with a general consensus that states: "Vin Diesel parodies his tough guy image for the family audience, but the result is only moderately amusing." On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 31 out of 100, based on 27 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews," as well as an average score of 5.6/10 on IMDb.
[[Category:Comedy films]] [[Category:2000s films]] [[Category:Box Office Hits That Received Negative Feedback]] [[Category:Disney films]] [[Category:Family films]] [[Category:Average films]] [[Category:Buena Vista films]] [[Category:Live-action films]] [[Category:Action films]] [[Category:American films]] [[Category:Internet memes]] [[Category:Films for free on YouTube]]