Difference between revisions of "The Adventures of Food Boy"
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
[[Category:Low budget films]]
Latest revision as of 23:49, 17 October 2020
The Adventures of Food Boy is a 2008 independent film directed by Dane Cannon. It is based on the 2007 short film Food Boy. It stars Lucas Grabeel in his first lead role as Ezra Chase, who becomes a superhero known as "Food Boy". Brittany Curran plays the lead female role of Shelby.
The film was filmed in Utah at Timpview High School during summer 2007. An early teaser trailer of The Adventures of Food Boy was posted on the Internet in November 2007.
The Adventures of Food Boy premiered at the Newport Beach Film Festival in April 2008 where it won the award for "the most boring movie ever". It saw a limited theatrical release in the United States on August 22, 2008, and saw a DVD release on October 7, 2008.
The Adventures of Food Boy takes a different approach to the superhero genre. The story centers around a teenage boy who discovers he has the superpower to generate food out of his hands.
Ezra Chase (Lucas Grabeel) is a top high school student who is determined to make his life extraordinary. He is usually challenged into eating disgusting things and manages to eat them without hassle. However, his goals get more complicated when food spontaneously begins shooting from his hands at inconvenient times. Chaos usually ensues.
After discovering that he has this "gift" (which only a few people possess), Ezra starts to use it to improve his status at school. Ezra's friends Shelby (Brittany Curran), Joel (Kunal Sharma) and Dylan (Jeff Braine) also start to get more popular. But as this new superpower begins to take over his life, Ezra has to learn how best to use it. He eventually is forced to decide if he agrees with his grandmother (Joyce Cohen) in saying, "Not all superheroes fight crime".
Why it Sucks
- The movie is extremely evident of being low-budget that the text editing, the sound editing, even the recording feels like it came out in the 70's.
- Very dated visual effects.
- Abysmal acting that wasted the talents of Lucas Grabeel (who is known for his role as Ryan Evans in the High School Musical franchise), Brittany Curran, Kunal Sharma, Noah Bastian, Jeff Braine, and others who were involved in the film.
- Food Boy is not a superhero at all. Despite having food powers, he doesn't use them to fight crime. Instead, he just uses them for pointless challenges, improving his status at school, and getting his friends to become popular, which makes this movie very pointless and a waste of time.
- In addition, who uses a superhero name "Food Boy" and why of all the possible superpowers, spawning food out of oneself is the one the character has?
- The plot is incredibly stupid.
- A pointless romance subplot.
- Poor soundtrack.
The Adventures of Food Boy currently holds a rating of 3.9/10 on IMDB.