This movie is doomed.
||September 18, 2007
||Justice League: The New Frontier
Superman: Doomsday is a 2007 American direct-to-video animated superhero film, adapted from the DC Comics storyline "The Death of Superman" which focuses on the death and return of the superhero Superman.
- This film is a fine example of padding. In fact, most of the film focuses on other characters than Superman.
- It also escalates too quickly into other events such as Superman's death and then return.
- Jimmy, a character that the film focuses on, is a pointless know-it-all character when in reality, he's a minor character.
- Misleading title: The main villain is really Lex Luthor, not Doomsday.
- Speaking of Doomsday, his design and appearance is horrible and overall weak.
- After Superman dies, the film gets extremely boring and stays that way until Superman fights Dark Superman.
- Dark Superman is a hypocritical "hero" who wants to save Metropolis, but yet commits numerous crimes that endanger the city even more.
- Terrible dialogue. For instance, Lex Luthor says "Red and green are the colors of Christmas, and you're on the naughty list!"
- The voice actors sound like they don't want to be in this movie.
- The CGI on the planes is mediocre.
- The Death of SupermanGMW did a way better job on handling the Death of Superman storyline.
- The fights, such as Superman vs. Doomsday and Superman vs. Dark Superman, are awesome.
- Decent animation.
- It was the first of the DC Original Animated Movies.