Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver
Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver is a 2011 American sci-fi horror comedy film by Full Moon Features and is the third installment in The Gingerdead Man series. It was released on September 13, 2011, after many filming delays by director Charles Band. It was originally going to be called Gingerdead Man 3: Roller Boogieman!.
The Gingerdead Man travels back in time to 1976 where he carries out an epic disco killing spree.
Why It Sucks
- Just plain awful effects throughout this whole movie.
- The Gingerdead Man’s new look is hideous and looks absolutely nothing like it did in the first or second film. His look is also less menacing than the previous ones.
- The film completely takes away the real world environment the first film has and adds things like time machines, telekinesis and an institute for homicidal baked goods.
- The Gingerdead Man in this movie is neither intimidating nor funny, he's just annoying, doofy and eats up to much screen-time.
- All of characters are portrayed as nothing more then unlikable and/or poorly-developed stereotypes, some of them are knock-offs of characters from other films.
- The voice of the Gingerdead Man is also terrible, as Gary Busey doesn’t return to play the character and the new voice actor sounds nothing like him.
- The humor is incredibly forced, immature and (most of the time) falls flat.
- Literally more then half the film is nothing but pure filler and completely unnecessary to the already barely-developed plot of the film.
- The idea of making a scientific research institution for the study of homicidal baked goods is just plain stupid and childish.
- William Butler not only shows terrible skills as a director and writer but also as a voice actor for the Gingerdead Man.
- Extremely bad acting and performances.
- Unlike the first two films where the Gingerdead Man had a reason and goal to kill people, here he just he has no reason to kill anyone and just pointlessly kills for the sake of killing.
- All of the elements in this film are beyond ridiculous, such as how rips-off Silence of the Lambs, Porky’s and Carrie (very terribly), even down to the point where they steal/parody the famous “They’re all gonna laugh at you” quote from 1976 Brian de Palma’s Carrie.
- The film also believes that the Pearl Harbor Attack was caused because World War II sailors were distracted at the time by a performing skater, which is very insulting to the all lives that were actually lost in the tragedy.
- On that topic, the film can’t decide whether it’s supposed to be the parody of another movie or be it’s own kind of movie.
- Many moments in the film are poorly-executed and are incredibly cringeworthy (even for a horror-comedy’s standards), such as the infamous scene where the Gingerdeadman masturbates on-screen.
- Far too much continuity errors.
- Horridly bad pacing.
- Godawful CGI, especially the shots of the Gingerdead Man moving around and running.
- Errors that are incredibly noticeable.
- One shot shows there’s a arcade game of The Simpson’s in 1976.
- Another moment shows one of the characters clearly banging on an open door.
- One of the most easy to notice is the fact that The Gingerdead Man is using a plastic gun.
- Adolf Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, Lizzie Borden and Charles Manson (real-life notorious and evil people) are not only characters in this movie but are also portrayed as good-guys in this film and rescue everyone, which is just insulting, unrealistic and insanely idiotic.