Ghost Ship is a 2002 horror film with an ensemble cast featuring Gabriel Byrne, Julianna Margulies, Ron Eldard, Desmond Harrington, Isaiah Washington, and Karl Urban.
Forty years after an Italian Ocean Liner named the SS Antonia Graza mysteriously abandoned due to all of the passengers and crew, except a few of them, were murdered in May of 1962, an expedition group investigates the ship and weird things begin to happen (e.g. ghosts are seen inside the ship).
- The poster is a blatant rip-off of the one used for the 1980 film Death Ship with George Kennedy (shown on the right).
- Characters that aren't memorable.
- Poor story.
- The film isn't even scary at all
- The special effects are extremely poor.
- The plot is a rip-off of Event Horizon, with an idea of a large ship mysteriously disappearing and later being found years later with strange things happening aboard.
- The film does have some potential for being an interesting horror story.
- The idea of a horror film taking place on an abandoned ocean liner is pretty interesting.
- The opening scene is the only genuinely scary part.
- Although the poster is a rip-off of Death Ship, it actually looks terrifying.
- Ghost Ship (2002) - Trailer
- Ghost Ship - Phelous
Phelous / Channel Awesome review