Get Carter (2000)
Get Carter is a 2000 American action thriller film, and is a remake of the 1971 film of the same name, which was based on Ted Lewis' 1970 novel Jack's Return Home. It was directed by Stephen Kay, produced by Mark Canton, Neil Canton, and Elie Samaha, written by David McKenna, and starred Sylvester Stallone, Miranda Richardson, Rachael Leigh Cook, Alan Cumming, Mickey Rourke, Rhona Mitra, John C. McGinley, and Michael Caine (who had previously played Carter in the 1971 film).
Las Vegas mob enforcer Jack Carter returns to his hometown of Seattle to investigate the death of his brother Richie.
Why It Sucks
- Sylvester Stallone is miscast as Carter.
- Waste of a talented cast.
- Tacked-on action scenes that hinder the story rather than drive it forward.
- The film tries to force Carter into being a good guy, a stark contrast to how the original Carter was a brutal thug who didn't want redemption, but rather vengeance.
- Headache-inducing soundtrack.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The scene where Carter comforts Doreen over what happened in the video where she was raped by Geraldine and Eddie is very heartwarming.