Gantz: O (styled as GANTZ:O) is a 2016 Japanese CGI anime science fiction action film directed by Yasushi Kawamura, produced by Digital Frontier, written by Tsutomu Kuroiwa, chief directed by Keiichi Sato, and based on the manga series Gantz, which was written and illustrated by Hiroya Oku.
Why It Sucks
- The anime already destroyed the manga's reputation! Why did they bother continuing the mess that the anime started in the first place?
- The premise is completely confusing. Apparently, if you die, your soul would become one of a video game's team members and you would have to fight aliens in order to not only restore peace on Earth, but to even given a second chance. But wait, what would happen to your body? How come you are still in your own body after you die? And why are there aliens to begin with?
- Masaru Kato is an extremely stupid character who does barely anything in advance, despite being the main character. All he wants to do is come back to see his brother, and because of this, his focusing leads him to having the other characters hating on him (especially Anzu Yamasaki, who actually still kalls Kato an idiot even after saving her).
- In fact, Kato's brother has nothing to do with the plot. It's there just to be there.
- Obnoxious voice acting for both Japanese and English.
- After the first hour of the film, the film throws its plot away for a bunch of random nonsense, such as that shameless Pacific Rim rip-off scene with a team member inside a large mecha fighting a gigantic monster, which, just like a lot of the elements in this film, has nothing to do with the film.
- Some of the aliens are absolutely bizarre and way too weird for a science fiction film, such as the infamous alien made out of naked women that even resembles a large naked woman! Yes, we kid you not! Look that up at your own risk!
- The beginning of this film is utterly pointless since none of those characters actually appear in the rest of the film, and is only brought up once.
- The designs try so hard to be realistic, while in the anime, the designs looked like the typical anime art-stlye.
- Most characters dies by being blown up from a gun. And you want to know what the gun does? It just makes a weird noise while doing mechanical stuff before affecting the alien. It seems like the team members have extremely lame weapons.
- Other than the naked women alien, some of the alien designs are pretty cool.
- Wonderful CGI animation.