Game Over, Man!
Game Over, Man! is a 2018 American action comedy film directed by Kyle Newacheck, written by Anders Holm, and starring himself, Adam DeVine, and Blake Anderson, all of whom previously collaborated on the sitcom Workaholics.
Three friends who work as housekeepers at a luxury hotel in Los Angeles are on the verge of getting their video game financed when their potential benefactor is taken hostage by terrorists in a Die Hard-type scenario. The trio are then forced into rising to the occasion to save the lives of every hostage in the building.
Why It Sucks
- The premise has been done to death and is old and tired.
- Most of the jokes are just unfunny and juvenile.
- The pacing is just horrendous and feels like an eternity. It is only an hour and 40 minutes, but because of unfunny jokes and the hostage situation going on, it feels like forever. Even Avengers: Endgame (3 hr 2 min) felt faster than this.
- Daniel Stern from Home Alone is carrying his detached you know what. He
- While Workaholics had its ups and downs, Adam, Anders and Blake are worst at writing a movie. While they are good and funny actors in general, they are not good at writing a movie script.
- The Bey from Tunisia is an enjoyable character.
- It was very glad to see Daniel Stern is still acting.
- A few laughs once in a while.