Jump to navigation Jump to search
Frosty Returns is a 1992 animated television special that aired on CBS. It stars Jonathan Winters as the narrator and John Goodman as Frosty The Snowman.
Why It Sucks
- The title is misleading. The Frosty in this special is not the same as the Rankin/Bass version and has nothing to do with the previous films whatsoever.
- The plot is weak.
- The animation is a downgrade from the previous two Frosty films and the characters look way too much like the Peanuts characters. *Ironically, Bill Melendez was one of the directors of this special.
- Neither Christmas nor Santa Claus are ever mentioned in this special. Instead, the characters have a winter carnival.
- Many instances of Frosty taking his hat off (the thing that keeps him alive in the previous movies) and still being alive.
- There is a scene of the kids randomly hating snow for no reason, when earlier in the movie, they enjoyed snow.
- Karen and the children from the previous special appear nowhere in this one.
- Professor Hinkle, the magician and fomer main antagonist from the first Frosty special doesn't appear anywhere either, although he redeemed himself.
- The voice acting is decent.
- The songs are pretty good.
- The scene where Twitchell, the main antagonist, broke the fourth wall by turning to the camera ordering the producers to stop the music (which was a soundtrack used when Frosty and the kids danced) after telling the driver to stop the van was funny.