Escape from Planet Earth
Escape From Planet Earth is a 2013 Canadian-American 3D computer animated science fiction comedy film produced by Rainmaker Entertainment and distributed by The Weinstein Company. The film earned $74.6 million on a $40 budget
When famed hero, Scorch Supernova, is kidnapped, his nerdy brother Gary must save him on the Dark Planet (Earth) while meeting some new friends and enemies along the way.
Why it Sucks
- Scorch is extremely selfish, jerky, dumb and unlikeable. When Animat reviews The Nut Job and talked about Grayson, he compared him to Scorch for both being jerky and being voiced by Brendan Fraser.
- Every character apart from Gary, Scorch, Shanker, Lena, Kip, I.O and Doc is completely unnecessary.
- Shanker is completely weak as a villain and would make Myles Standish seem like an actual threat.
- Pointless romance between Shanker and Lena (Also, Haha! Beastiality in a kids movies!).
- Continuity errors. For example when Gary first mets the two humans they can't understand him, but when they try to find Scorch's ship and meet them, they can suddenly talk to them.
- Just like Elf Bowling: The Movie, most of the humor consist of slapstick and toilet jokes.
- The pacing is so bad that it could outrun a Bison.
- According to AniMat, the films script gone through several re-writes, which shows.
- False Advertising; The trailers and tv commercials said that the heroes were stuck on earth but really they were stuck in a military hideout. The only times they were actually on earth was when Gary and Scorch arrived at 7-Eleven and when they try to escape.
- So. Much. Padding.