En route to the world's largest social media convention in Australia, Logan Paul is scared to death. All of his worst nightmares come true when the passengers refuse to switch their phones to airplane mode, causing the plane's controls to go haywire.
Why It Sucks
- The entire film is one big ripoff of Airplane!, even going as far as to steal jokes from the classic almost verbatim.
- The film is just not funny at all. The film will often stop everything just to shove in something racist, vulgar, homophobic, loud, annoying, incestuous, or just so dated (which we'll get to).
- The second part of the intro is so bright and goes fast enough to create a strobing effect that can instantly cause a seizure, thus ruining the opening sequence.
- The acting is extremely bad. Most actors either underact or just scream their lines.
- Some of the other characters also have terrible Australian accents that sound more fake than convincing.
- One of the major plot points is that Logan Paul can read the minds of gay people. This is never explained and just exists to force in more homophobic jokes.
- When the humor isn't being excruciatingly dumb, it's under the impression that "just because they did the thing they did on Vine, it'll get a laugh!".
- The film's biggest selling point is that the cast is made up of 100% social media influencers, but most of them are used as cameos.
- Logan's main character arc is that he has a fear of flying, which came from an accident that wasn't even airplane-related.
- The visual effects are abhorrent.
- There's one scene where Logan's lube starts talking to him. This doesn't serve any purpose to the story or even come up again and, much like Logan's telekinetic ability, is never explained.
- The flight attendant only serves one purpose: To be as flamboyantly and offensively homosexual as possible.
- The film was delayed for two years due to Logan's controversy over filming a dead body in Aokigahara Suicide Forest and mocking it (which the film even parodies), and even at that, the comedy is extremely dated. The biggest offender is with the guys from the "Leave Britney Alone!" and the "Bed Intruder Song" videos having extended cameos in a film that came out in 2019.
- Going back to the Airplane! comparisons, one of the posters is a full-on copy of that film's poster, but instead of the plane being twisted up, the plane is dabbing.
- On that topic, the original poster is a blatant rip-off of The Naked Gun.
- Speaking of posters, both of them look like they came straight from a pirated DVD factory.
- The movie is obsessed with sexual humor to the point where the jokes just become repetitive.
- Nick Swardson gets a subplot where he finds a baby and proceeds to raise him as his own, even going as far as to feed him milk from his nipple (yes, that really happens).
- The development of Logan and his love interest is developed terribly, as they instantly decide to be in a relationship when they haven't even known each other for a day.
- Predictable and nonsensical ending where Logan Paul's love interest he's just met at the plane leaves him, Logan's girlfriend falls in love with Juanpa instead, and Logan running to his love interest and kissing her.
- None of the characters in this movie are likable at all. They are rude, selfish, evil, loud, annoying, pathetic, offensive, aggressive and just about every negative adjective imaginable.
- When one of the characters takes a selfie with the dead pilots, that somehow predicted the Suicide Forest video ahead of time, making it even more offensive than it already is.
- This movie even rips off several other movies, such as Eurotrip. For example, this movie's opening intro rips off the animation style from Eurotrip.
- The acting, in general, is appalling and nobody can give off good performances at all.
- The music is of poor quality.
- The line delivery and dialogue is far beyond abysmal to the point where it makes you want to rip off your ears.
- This film knows nothing about how airplanes function at all.
- The animation and special effects are terrible.
- This movie is free to watch on YouTube because of how bad it is.
- Planeless Pictures, the company that made this movie, sued Logan Paul over the suicide forest video 3 years after it occurred.