Agent F.O.X. (Chinese: 兔子镇的火狐狸), also known as The Firefox of Bunnington Burrows, is a 2015 Chinese 3D computer-animated fantasy adventure film directed by Ge Shuiying. The film was released on October 30, 2015, in both 2D and 3D.
The film is about Super Spy Agent F.O.X. who arrives in Carrot Town with one objective: infiltrate the community of friendly rabbits and locate a mysterious artifact. But the mission goes awry when the secret agent is mistaken for a distant cousin.
Why It Sucks
- Dreadful, ugly, and lackluster animation and visuals that look more like a poorly animated PlayStation cutscene. The biggest offenders are its transitions and when Fox randomly sprouts tears because the Spider becomes his "faithful assistant."
- False Advertising: The movie claims it's supposed to be a spy film, but the film really acts like a "slice-of-life" film rather than a spy film. Even at the very first scene of the film mores act like a "legend-like fantasy" film rather than a spy film.
- Even its original title doesn't relate to spying.
- Uses cliched stereotyping such as "the elderly master," "the strong one," and "the pretty one."
- Awful writing. As mentioned before, rather than the Spider calling Fox "friend" he just calls him "his faithful assistant."
- The villain turns out to be Fox's boss who just wants him to see what's up with Carrot Town (yes, that's the name the bunnies live in).
- Depending on your view, the ending was horrible. After Fox saves the Carrot Town bunnies, he turns his back on his boss, quits his job, and becomes friends with the bunnies.
- The entire movie is one giant cliché. It's about a fox who tries to fit in within the bunnies.
- Also, most of the film is filler. If you took out the filler, it would only be 15 minutes long.
- The bunnies actually mistake Fox as a bunny. Bunnies have long ears, Foxes have short ears, how can bunnies have short ears!?
- Irritating soundtrack. The credits repeat the same rhythm that goes on for 5 minutes straight.
- Hideous character designs.
- Fox's voice sounds really unfitting for his character.
- On that topic, Fox's character design looks way too similar to RJ from Over the Hedge.
- It's one of those cliché "secret agent/spy movie with animals" movies.